Sunday, March 29, 2009

What A Shock

My wife came home for lunch today and promptly asked if I would like to move. Huh? It seems a friend of hers owns a house that will become available to rent soon. After the initial 'deer caught in headlights' stare, I thought about it, and it sounds like a much better situation than we're in, now.

We live in half a duplex in the suburbs and pay an obscene monthly rent (obscene to me, anyhow, considering I'm currently without job). Renting the house would save us a good chunk of cash, and I might even see if a 'rent-to-own situation' could be worked out. Also, duplex living has gotten old. We usually have nice enough neighbors, but they tend to be a group of four or five young adults splitting the rent who have a love of loud music and beer. I've had to ask them several times to keep it down so I could get some sleep (this was usually during the week day when I was gainfully employed). I really don't believe I should have to drag my tired ass out of bed, put on shoes and a coat and go out in my jammies to ask for common courtesy. That's not was society is all about.

We'll take a drive this evening to look at the house. Maybe it's time for a change.

No comments: